Full Official Rules
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINING. The contest is open to legal residents of the Continental U.S. who physically reside in the Continental U.S., who are 18 years of age or older as of Saturday, April 18, 2009. The contest begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on Saturday, April 18, 2009 and ends on Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”). This Sweepstakes is sponsored by National Football Museum, Inc., dba Pro Football Hall of Fame, Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival and Courtyard by Marriott Canton (“The Sponsors”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Participants are limited to one entry per either email address, entry blank, or postcard in the contest. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate: employees, directors, trustees, officers, or agents of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Pro Football Hall of Fame Festival, Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, Courtyard by Marriott Canton, Sports Travel and Tours, Turnstyles Ticketing, Americaneagle.com and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their parent, subsidiary and joint venture companies, or any other entity involved in the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, as well as members of their immediate families and households (including children, spouses and siblings and/or personal living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not), are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges and/or Sponsors, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entries will be accepted at www.profootballhof.com or a free entry blank may be picked up at the Pro Football Hall of Fame or a postcard with your name, address, and telephone number and e-mail address may be sent. A winner will be selected from all participants who have entered. Send postcards to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, 2009 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Weekend & Shopping Spree Sweepstakes, 2121 George Halas Drive NW, Canton, Ohio 44708. All postcards and entry blanks must be received by the Pro Football Hall of Fame no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 31, 2009. All entries received after 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 31, 2009 are not eligible. Participants are solely responsible for timely registrations and waive all claims, including claims for lost or stolen entries, against the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Odds of becoming a winner depend on the numbers of properly validated entries submitted and received.
3. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE “ARV”: On or about June 1, 2009 a random drawing will be conducted by the Pro Football Hall of Fame from amongst all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period for the following prize: One (1) Grand Prize – Trip for winner and (1) one guest to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival in Canton, OH scheduled for the weekend of 8/7/09 – 8/10/09. Winner and guest must be available to travel on or about 8/7/09 and will return on or about 8/10/09. Prize consists of roundtrip tickets to Canton, OH provided on AirTran Airways, hotel accommodations, 3 nights/4 days at the– Courtyard by Marriott Canton one standard double occupancy room, and reserved attendance/seating at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony, reserved sideline seating in the green zone at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, reserved seating at the Enshrinees Gold Jacket Dinner, reserved seating at the Enshrinees GameDay Roundtable, reserved seating at the Timken Grand Parade, dinner and admission to the Enshrinement Celebration Fan Party, dinner and admission to the Fan Appreciation Tailgate Party, and admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame valid 8/7/09 through 8/9/09, Official Pro Football Hall of Fame Yearbook and $1000 gift card to be used in the Hall of Fame Store or on-line at www.profooballhof.com; Approximate retail value of Trip is: $3900. All federal, state and local taxes and other expenses including ground transportation, parking, meals, incidental hotel expenses and gratuities, are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable. Winner will be notified by email, mail or phone and must return all required documents within the indicated time period. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be contacted on or about June 1, 2009. In the event of noncompliance with the foregoing requirements, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected by the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility or liability if any portion of the Festival events are cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled. If Festival events are rescheduled, Sponsor’s liability is limited to award of Grand Prize as stated above, with winner traveling so as to attend Festival on rescheduled date; if Festival is cancelled (and Grand Prize is therefore “unavailable”), Sponsor’s liability is limited to award of an alternate, substitute prize of Sponsor’s sole choosing of equal or greater value. The Sponsor further disclaims any and all representations and warranties, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with prize.
4. TERMS OF SUBMISSION: By entering, you agree that you are 18 years of age or older as of April 18, 2009. Additionally, by entering, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Official Rules, which incorporates the Privacy Policies and Terms of Service (as appropriate), and you accept these Official Rules together with all of the policies referenced herein and agree to abide by its terms and conditions, as they may be amended from time to time, and all applicable rules and regulations.
5. GENERAL RULES: Pro Football Hall of Fame, Pro Football Hall of Fame Festival, Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, Courtyard by Marriott Canton, Sports Travel and Tours, Turnstyles Ticketing, Americaneagle.com, and AirTran Airways (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other such information or the failure to capture any such information. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the web site. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW (AND TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES, IF APPLICABLE).
Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and conduct the Sweepstakes in a manner which in its sole discretion is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.profootballhof.com. Entrants, by participating, agree that Released Parties and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealerships, advertising and promotion agencies, and website providers/web masters, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. Winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission from Sponsor and their designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice, and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the Internet and world wide web, in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
6. CONDITIONS: By entering a Submission, entrants release and agree to hold harmless Pro Football Hall of Fame, Pro Football Hall of Fame Festival, Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, Courtyard by Marriott Canton, Sports Travel and Tours, Turnstyles Ticketing, Americaneagle.com, AirTran Airways, and their promotional and advertising agencies, as well as the officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of any of the foregoing entities, for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of an entrant’s entry submittal and/or its contents or by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the State of Ohio without regard to choice of law rules of Ohio or any other jurisdiction. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. If any portion of these Official Rules is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, for any reason, that portion shall be severed from the rest and shall not affect the agreement to resolve all controversies and claims through arbitration. Claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees or any other damages of any kind. These Official Rules supercede any and all agreements or communications of any kind between you and the Sponsor or anyone associated with the Sweepstakes, and cannot be modified or waived except in writing and unless properly signed.
7. WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS: These Official Rules will be made available www.profootballhof.com during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Winner information will be made available on www.profootballhof.com after June 1, 2009.
Back to news
8. SPONSORS: National Football Museum, Inc., dba, Pro Football Hall of Fame, 2121 George Halas Drive NW, Canton, OH 44708; Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival 222 Market Ave. N Canton, OH 44702; Courtyard by Marriott Canton, 4375 Metro Circle NW, Canton, OH 44720.