Did you really think we were going to give you multiple choice answers? If you’re the type of fan that can brag that your team’s won five Super Bowls, then you better be able to answer these about the Steelers!!
1. What year was Pittsburgh’s first season in the NFL? 1933
2. What was the team’s first nickname? Pirates
3. What year did the team change its nickname to the Steelers? 1940
4. Who was the last Steeler inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame? John Stallworth in 2002
5. How many long-time Steelers are enshrined in Canton? 17
6. What year did the Steelers add a logo to their helmet? 1962
7. What are the shapes in the Steelers logo called? Hypocycloids
8. What position did Mike Tomlin play at William & Mary? Wide receiver
9. Whose team record did Willie Parker break when he rushed for 223 yards against Cleveland on Dec. 7, 2006? John "Frenchy" Fuqua held the mark with 218 yards set in 1970.
10. Who is this famous Steelers player pictured below? Hint: He led the NFL in rushing as a rookie before embarking on a career that gained him far greater fame.
Byron “Whizzer” White led the NFL in rushing in 1938. After just three NFL seasons, he left pro football and later became a United States Supreme Court Justice (above).
How did you do?
10 correct – You deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame next to Art Rooney!
Back to news
8-9 correct – This performance is reminiscent of Willie Parker’s Super Bowl record TD run
5-7 correct – This puts you third on the depth chart behind John Stallworth and Lynn Swann
1-4 correct – You better hone up on your team history by visiting the TRADITION section of the Steelers website.
0 correct – Are you sure you’re not a Browns fan?