Did you really think we were going to give you multiple choice answers? If you’re the type of fan that can brag that your team’s won five Super Bowls, then you better be able to answer these about the Steelers!!
1. Hall of Fame halfback John McNally went by what nickname? "Blood"
2. Wide receiver Louis Lipps wore what number with the Steelers? 83
3. Jim Finks was elected to the Hall of Fame as a contributor for his contributions as the GM of the Vikings, Bears, and Saints. However, he also played for the Steelers in the 1950s. What position did he play? Finks played quarterback with Pittsburgh from 1952-1955
4. What college did Jack Lambert attend? Kent State
5. What kicker owns the club record for points scored in a season with 141? Norm Johnson
6. How many Steelers Hall of Famers were drafted by Chuck Noll? Nine
7. Hall of Famer Len Dawson was drafted by the Steelers in 1957 to be their quarterback but was beat out for the starting spot by whom? Earl Morrall
8. What was the last year that multiple Steelers were enshrined into the Hall of Fame? 1990 - Franco Harris and Jack Lambert
9. Pittsburgh scored the first points of Super Bowl IX by recording a safety in the second quarter against Minnesota. Which member of the "Steel Curtain" defensive line dropped Vikings' QB Fran Tarkenton in the end zone for the safety? Defensive end Dwight White
10. Who is this famous Steelers player pictured below? Hint: He was a versatile offensive lineman who played tackle, guard, and center during his Steelers career which spanned from 1980-1992.
Tunch Ilkin, who now is a member of the Steelers broadcast team, was a two-time Pro Bowl selection.
How did you do?
10 correct – You deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame next to Art Rooney!
Back to news
8-9 correct – This performance is reminiscent of Willie Parker’s Super Bowl record TD run
5-7 correct – This puts you third on the depth chart behind John Stallworth and Lynn Swann
1-4 correct – You better hone up on your team history by visiting the TRADITION section of the Steelers website.
0 correct – Are you sure you’re not a Browns fan?