Baltimore Colts Bass Drum

01/01/2005

This is the original bass drum used by the famous Baltimore Colts marching band from 1947 to 1965.  Donated to the Hall of Fame in 1966, the drum is currently on display in the Hall's exhibition rotunda. The drum is part of an exhibit that chronicles the Colts’ thrilling overtime victory against the New York Giants in the 1958 NFL Championship, commonly referred to as “The Greatest Game Ever Played.”

Back to news