1. Who was the first coach in Denver Broncos history?
a. Frank Filchock
b. Lou Saban
c. Mac Speedie
d. Ray Malavasi
Answer: Filchock led the Broncos to a 7-20-1 record from 1960-61.
2. What year did Pat Bowlen purchase the Denver Broncos?
Answer: Bowlen bought the Broncos in 1984.
3. Which Denver Broncos player holds the single-game reception yardage record?
a. Shannon Sharpe
b. Rod Smith
c. Lionel Taylor
d. Ricky Upchurch
Answer: Sharpe recorded 214 receiving yards at Kansas City on Oct. 20, 2002.
4. Who is the Broncos all-time leader in interceptions?
a. Steve Atwater
b. Steve Foley
c. Tom Jackson
d. Randy Gradishar
Answer: Foley intercepted 44 passes for the Broncos from 1976-1986.
5. Who holds the Broncos single-season record for passing yards?
a. John Elway
b. Craig Morton
c. Jake Plummer
d. Frank Tripucka
Answer: Plummer passed for 4,089 yards in 2004.
1. Which Chargers coach was the first to win Coach of the Year honors?
a. Sid Gillman
b. Tommy Protho
c. Bobby Ross
d. Marty Schottenheimer
Answer: Ross won the award after leading San Diego to an 11-5 record in 1992.
2. What was the temperature of San Diego’s coldest game at home?
a. 25 degrees
b. 34 degrees
c. 48 degrees
d. 53 degrees
Answer: San Diego’s coldest game at home was 48 degrees. They won the game 40-7 against the Chicago Bears on Monday night, December 4, 1978.
3. Who holds the Chargers single-season interception record?
a. Antonio Cromartie
b. Rodney Harrison
c. Quentin Jammer
d. Charles McNeil
Answer: Cromartie picked off 10 passes in 2007.
4. Who holds the Chargers single-season record for sacks?
a. Fred Dean
b. Gary Johnson
c. Leslie O’Neal
d. Junior Seau
Answer: Johnson recorded an unofficial (the sack did not become an official NFL stat until 1982) 17.5 sacks in 1980.
5. What year did Chargers owner Alex Spanos purchase the team?
Answer: Spanos became the Chargers owner on Aug. 1, 1984.