1. Which player, known as “Mr. Cowboy,” was the franchise’s first ever draft choice in 1961?
a. Bob Lilly
b. E.J. Holub
c. Rayfield Wright
d. Don Meredith
Answer - Bob Lilly, the 2nd overall pick in the 1961 NFL Draft, was also the first Cowboys player elected to the Hall of Fame.
2. Who holds the Cowboys record for most passing yards gained in a season?
a. Troy Aikman
b. Danny White
c. Tony Romo
d. Roger Staubach
Answer – Tony Romo threw for 4,211 yards in 2007.
3. Which player owns the team record for most career punt return yards?
a. Mel Renfro
b. Deion Sanders
c. Kelvin Martin
d. Bob Hayes
Answer – Martin amassed 1,803 punt return yards as a Cowboy from 1987-1992, 1996.
4. Who is the Cowboys all-time sack leader?
a. Ed “Too Tall” Jones
b. Randy White
c. Charles Haley
d. Harvey Martin
Answer – Harvey Martin totaled 114 sacks from 1973-1983. It should be noted this is a team designated record as the sack did not become an official NFL stat until 1982.
5. Who is the Cowboys single game leader in yards from scrimmage?
a. Emmitt Smith
b. Tony Dorsett
c. Herschel Walker
d. Michael Irvin
Answer – Herschel Walker totaled 292 yards from scrimmage (122 rushing, 170 receiving) on Dec. 14, 1986 against the Philadelphia Eagles.
1. Who is the Cardinals all-time leader in rushing yards?
a. Charley Trippi
b. John David Crow
c. Ottis Anderson
d. Stump Mitchell
Answer: Ottis (O.J.) Anderson gained 7,999 yards from 1979-1986.
2. Which Cardinals coach has the most wins in franchise history?
a. Jimmy Conzelman
b. Buddy Ryan
c. Dennis Green
d. Don Coryell
Answer: Coryell led the Cardinals to 42 wins and two division titles from 1973-77.
3. Who holds the Cardinals record for most interceptions in a season?
a. Larry Wilson
b. Bob Nussbaumer
c. Dick “Night Train” Lane
d. Pat Fischer
Answer: Nussbaumer recorded 12 steals in 1949.
4. Who is the Cardinals all time leader in passing yards?
a. Jake Plummer
b. Kurt Warner
c. Jim Hart
d. Neil Lomax
Answer: Hart threw for 34,639 yards from 1966-1983
5. Who has played in the most games in Cardinals history
a. Jim Bakken
b. Aeneas Williams
c. Jim Hart
d. Dan Dierdorf
Answer: Kicker Jim Bakken appeared in 234 games for the Cardinals from 1962-1978.