Calvin Johnson, Tom Flores, Cliff Harris, Jimmy Johnson & Drew Pearson to Receive HOF Ring of Excellence
The Pro Football Hall of Fame and Kay® Jewelers, the Official Provider of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence, will honor five Hall of Famers recently enshrined with the Centennial Class of 2020 or Class of 2021 at ceremonies taking place during Week 3 NFL matchups.
Fans at the Detroit Lions’ contest against the Baltimore Ravens will see Class of 2021 Enshrinee CALVIN JOHNSON receive his Ring of Excellence during a halftime presentation. The game is slated to kickoff at 1 p.m. ET at Ford Field. Hall of Fame Chairman of the Board Dennis Nash will present Johnson with his ring.
Later Sunday, Class of 2021 Enshrinee TOM FLORES will be honored as the Las Vegas Raiders host the Miami Dolphins at Allegiant Stadium. Hall of Fame President & CEO David Baker will present Flores with his ring at halftime of the game, which is set to kick off at 4:05 p.m. ET.
During the “Monday Night Football” matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles, CLIFF HARRIS, JIMMY JOHNSON and DREW PEARSON will receive their rings during a special halftime presentation. Baker will be on hand for the ceremony at AT&T Stadium, with the game scheduled to kick off at 8:15 p.m. ET.
The Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence is one of three iconic symbols, along with the Hall of Fame Gold Jacket, created by Haggar, and the Bronzed Bust, that represent the elite status of being a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Each living Enshrinee received his Hall of Fame Gold Jacket and unveiled his Bronzed Bust during the 2021 Enshrinement Week Powered by Johnson Controls in early August.
All three representations of membership in sports’ most exclusive club will be displayed during special halftime presentations for the teams’ fans to pay tribute to these Hall of Famers.
“Lions fans, the city of Detroit: When we were 0‑16, you never stopped showing up,” Calvin Johnson shared during his Enshrinement speech. “You were disappointed, but you never stopped showing up. Every week you showed up. And this motivated me to do the same thing for you. You loved me and my family unconditionally over these 15 years. I want you to know Michigan is our home, Detroit is our city and Lions fans are our pride.”
Flores similarly has expressed his pride in being part of “Raider Nation” and sharing his Enshrinement with the team’s loyal fans in Oakland, Los Angeles and now Las Vegas.
“I spent 55 years of my professional life with the Raiders as a player, an assistant coach, a head coach and a radio announcer, and now as a representative in the PR Department,” he said in his Enshrinement speech. “There is no better group of people or no better place to have your second home.”
HALL OF FAME RING OF EXCELLENCE
The Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence is created by Kay® Jewelers. The spectacular Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence is set in 14K gold with a total diamond weight of 1.75 carats. However, it is much more than a beautiful piece of jewelry. Intricate details on the ring reflect the special significance of enshrinement.
- The outer diamonds create a “stadium” effect surrounding the football-shaped diamond center.
- The vibrant blue gemstone was selected both for appearance and meaning, as blue is often associated with confidence, power and integrity – all traits of these incredible legendary football icons.
- Calvin Johnson’s, Flores’, Harris’, Jimmy Johnson’s and Pearson’s Hall of Fame Rings of Excellence are customized to reflect their unique careers.
- For Calvin Johnson, a likeness of his Bronzed Bust, along with “Wide Receiver” and “2007-2015” (his years in the NFL) appear on one side, while “Johnson,” the Pro Football Hall of Fame logo and “Class of 2021” are included on the other.
- For Flores, a likeness of his Bronzed Bust, along with “Coach” and “1979-1987” (his years as coach of the Raiders) appear on one side, while “Flores,” the Pro Football Hall of Fame logo and “Class of 2021” are included on the other.
- For Harris, a likeness of his Bronzed Bust, along with “Safety” and “1970-79” (his years in the NFL) appear on one side, while “Harris,” the Pro Football Hall of Fame logo and “Class of 2020” are included on the other.
- For Jimmy Johnson, a likeness of his Bronzed Bust, along with “Coach” and “1989-1993, 1996-99” (his years with Dallas and Miami) appear on one side, while “Johnson,” the Pro Football Hall of Fame logo and “Class of 2020” are included on the other.
- For Pearson, a likeness of his Bronzed Bust, along with “Wide Receiver” and “1973-1983” (his years in the NFL) appear on one side, while “Pearson,” the Pro Football Hall of Fame logo and “Class of 2021” are included on the other.
- Additionally, a special arbormark (or engraving) appears on the inside of each ring, which is their respective Enshrinee numbers: 349 for Calvin Johnson, 348 for Flores, 333 for Harris, 337 for Jimmy Johnson and 353 for Pearson.