September 17, 1920 as the Chicago Cardinals, Charter Member of NFL
Moved to St. Louis:
Moved to Phoenix:
Changed Name to Arizona:
University of Phoenix Stadium
NFL Western Conference Championships:
NFC Eastern Division Championships:
NFC West Division Championships:
2008, 2009, 2016
(At Start of 2016 Season)
Retired Uniform Numbers:
#8 Larry Wilson
#40 Pat Tillman
#77 Stan Mauldin
#88 J.V. Cain
#99 Marshall Goldberg
- First Draft Choice: Jim Lawrence, B, TCU, 1936.
- First Regular-Season Game: A 0-0 tie vs. the Chicago Tigers, 10/10/20.
- First Regular-Season Points: Len Sachs recovered the first of three blocked punts for touchdowns in a 21-0 victory over the Detroit Heralds, 10/31/20.
- First Winning Season: 1922 (8-3).
- First Playoff Appearance: A 28-21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFL Championship game, 12/28/47.
- First Pro Bowl Selections: Phil Dougherty, center, and Gaynell Tinsley, end, 1939.
- First Cardinal Elected to the Hall of Fame: FB Ernie Nevers, charter member, 1963.
- First to Rush 200 Yards in a Game: John David Crow, 203 yards vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers, 12/18/60.
- First 1000-Yard Rusher: John David Crow, 1,071yards (1960).
- First to Pass 400 Yards in a Game: Charley Johnson, 428 yards vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers, 10/13/63.
- Most Yards Rushing, Career: Ottis Anderson, 7,999 yards (1979-86).
- Most Yards Passing, Career: Jim Hart, 34,639 yards (1966-83).
- Most Receptions, Career: Larry Fitzgerald, 909 receptions (2004-2014).
- All-Time Leading Scorer: Jim Bakken, 1,380 points (1962-78).
- Longest Interception Return: Adrian Wilson, 99 yards for a touchdown vs. the Atlanta Falcons, 10/1/06.
- Most Points Scored by an Individual in a Game: Ernie Nevers scored an NFL record 40 points (6 TDs and 4 PATs) vs. the Chicago Bears, 11/28/29.
- Most Lopsided Win: A 60-0 victory over the Rochester Jeffersons, 10/7/23.