Football fans were able to fill their offseason void by participating in the second annual Gold Jacket 5K Race and third annual Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon on Saturday and Sunday in Canton.
Gold Jacket and Oakland Raiders legendary running back was on hand during the Gold Jacket 5K to congratulate and high-five participants as they crossed the finish line. Over 1,000 partipants ran, jogged and walked the race and received one of the famous finisher medals.
The Gold Jacket 5K is a series of races that will travel to different cities across the country, including the following:
- May 15th - Baltimore - Druid Hill / Northwest Baltimore
- June 12th - Cincinnati - Corwin Nixon Park / Mason OH
- June 26th - Columbus / Gahanna - Second Sole in Gahanna
- August 14th - Pittsburgh - Robert Morris Island Sports Complex
- September 10th - National Championship - Canton Kickoff Weekend
To register for any of these races, click here>>>
The Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon included full, half and relay races. Over 3,000 runners from 42 states and four countries competed.
Back to news
Derrick Miller of Fredericksburg was the overall winner with a time of 2:50:20.
There’s always a special moment during these races. Before the marathon began, a couple said “I do” and got married at the starting line in front of other racers.
To read more about the race click here>>>