20 Stats That Define the Class of 2020
Statistics and records help define a successful playing career, and few players posted better numbers than a Pro Football Hall of Famer.
In honor of the Centennial Class of 2020’s enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame next August, we’re breaking down the 20 stats that define the Class of 2020.
- Number of years it took Troy Polamalu to be enshrined once eligible. He is the only first-ballot Hall of Famer in the Class of 2020.
- Number of Super Bowls won by Troy Polamalu with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Number of Super Bowls won by Steve Atwater with the Denver Broncos.
- Number of Super Bowls won by head coach Jimmy Johnson with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Pro Bowl selections for Isaac Bruce, all as a member of the Rams.
- Number of first team All-Pro selections for Steve Hutchinson.
- Number of Pro Bowl selections for Steve Atwater.
- Seasons that Bill Cowher led the Pittsburgh Steelers to the playoffs. He missed the postseason only five times while in Pittsburgh.
- Postseason victories for Bill Cowher — tied with Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants for eighth most postseason wins by a head coach.
- Number of years Steve Atwater was eligible before being selected as a member of the Class of 2020.
- The Class of 2020 includes 20 members: five Modern-Era selections and 15 combined Seniors, Coaches and Contributors.
- Career interceptions for Troy Polamalu as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Steve Hutchinson signed a seven-year, $49 million offer with the Minnesota Vikings. At the time, this was the biggest contract for an offensive guard in NFL history.
- Edgerrin James scored 64 career rushing touchdowns as a member of the Colts, which is the best in franchise history.
- Career wins, including playoffs, for Jimmy Johnson as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys
- Total career receiving touchdowns for Isaac Bruce, which ranks 12th all-time.
- Isaac Bruce finished his career with 1,024 receptions, which ranks 13th all-time.
- Edgerrin James’ rushing yards in the 2000 season. This total led the NFL and is the single-season record in Colts franchise history.
- Total tackles recorded between Troy Polamalu and Steve Atwater, regarded as two of the most physical safeties in the league during their careers.
- Steve Hutchinson led the way for the Seattle Seahawks’ offensive line that helped running back Shaun Alexander go for 1,880 rushing yards during his 2005 MVP season.
- Total career rushing yards for Edgerrin James, good for 13th all-time.
- Isaac Bruce recorded 15,208 receiving yards in his career, which ranks fifth all-time.
Witness the Class of 2020 Enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Be a part of history as the Centennial Class of 2020 joins the Pro Football Hall of Fame next year. While taking place during 2021 Enshrinement Week Powered by Johnson Controls, the Class of 2020 will have its own enshrinement weekend and events to celebrate from Aug. 5-8.
Go back to all blog listings