A Little About
ISAAC BRUCE and DONNIE SHELL will be on the sidelines as honorary coaches for the game. Bruce will join Mark Geis, head coach of Green High School, and his three assistants in directing the West squad. Shell will join Brian Gamble, head coach of Sandy Valley High School, and his three assistants with the East squad.
Now in its 31st season, the game concludes a week of activities for the participants, including a banquet and interaction this year with members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Other events surrounding the game include the induction of a new class to the Stark County High School Football Hall of Fame.
In the most recent East-West game (2019), the West squad prevailed 28-10. The result evened the all-time series record at 15-15.
"The United States Marine Corps is proud to present both East and West teams of the 2022 East-West All-Star Game hosted by the Pro Football Hall of Fame," said Capt. Terrence Zaleski. "We are excited to see these athletes display their warrior spirit as they battle it out on the gridiron."
Tickets for the 2022 East-West All-Star Game are only $10!
Things to know before you go to the East-West All-Star Game
(Click on map to enlarge.)
- If you are using a GPS navigation app, enter this address: 1700 Blake Ave., Canton, OH, 44708.
- Parking is located at the McKinley High School student and teacher lots. (see map)
- Due to construction, please access the parking lots via Clarendon Avenue or Harrison Avenue.
- The gate opens at 5:30 p.m.
- Spectators can enter Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium at the gate closest to the high school parking lots (see map).
- Spectators are permitted to bring the following items into the stadium:
- Binoculars (without the case)
- Cameras (without the case)
- Wheelchairs, motorized medical scooters and valid medical devices
- Clutch purses no larger than 4.5 inches x 6.5 inches
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags smaller than 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag
Stark County High School Football Hall of Fame Banquet
The newest members of the Stark County High School Football Hall of Fame are Lance Burick, Eric Heinzer, Larry Larsuel, Josh McDaniels, Tim Powell, Zach Slates, Bup Rearick. They will be inducted July 22 during a banquet at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Learn more details about the banquet here.