Answers to Steelers Trivia - #9
Did you really think we were going to give you multiple choice answers? If you’re the type of fan that can brag that your team’s won five Super Bowls, then you better be able to answer these about the Steelers!!
1. What year was Pittsburgh’s first AFC North Division championship? 2002
2. In Super Bowl XL, what Steeler defensive back picked off a Matt Hasselbeck pass early in the 4th quarter to preserve their lead? Ike Taylor
3. Franco Harris was only the 4th rookie in NFL history to do what? Rush for 1,000 yards
4. Of the Steelers six Super Bowl appearances, which one did they score the most points? Super Bowl XIII vs. Dallas; 35-31
5. New quarterback coach Ken Anderson played for what NFL team? Cincinnati Bengals
6. The longest field goal in Steelers history is 55 yards, accomplished by Gary Anderson in 1984 and who else in 2001? Kris
7. Beloved Steelers owner Art Rooney, Sr. missed the conclusion of the 1972 AFC Divisional Playoff Game, which included the “Immaculate Reception.” Where was he? In the elevator on his way to the locker room
8. What college did tight end Jerame Tuman attend? Michigan
9. What quarterback did Ben Roethlisberger pass last season to move into fourth place on the Steelers all-time quarterback wins list with 29? Bubby Brister
10. Who is this famous Steelers player pictured below? Hint: This dominant linebacker was Pittsburgh’s 3rd round pick out of Oklahoma State in the 1994 NFL Draft.
|© Getty Images|
Jason Gildon led the Steelers in sacks from 1998-2002, accumulating a total of 54.
How did you do?
10 correct – You deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame next to Art Rooney!
8-9 correct – This performance is reminiscent of Willie Parker’s Super Bowl record TD run
5-7 correct – This puts you third on the depth chart behind John Stallworth and Lynn Swann
1-4 correct – You better hone up on your team history by visiting the TRADITION section of the Steelers website.
0 correct – Are you sure you’re not a Browns fan?