July 8, 1933
Lincoln Financial Field
1948, 1949, 1960
NFL Eastern Conference Championships:
1947, 1948, 1949, 1960
NFC Eastern Division Championships:
1980, 1988, 2001
NFC East Division Championships:
2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2013
(At Start of 2017 Season)
Retired Uniform Numbers:
#5 Donovan McNabb
#15 Steve Van Buren
#20 Brian Dawkins
#40 Tom Brookshier
#44 Pete Retzlaff
#60 Chuck Bednarik
#70 Al Wistert
#92 Reggie White
#99 Jerome Brown
- First Draft Choice: Selected by the Eagles, Jay Berwanger was the first player chosen in the first NFL draft held in 1936. Berwanger, a back from the University of Chicago, chose not to sign.
- First Regular-Season Game: A 56-0 loss to the New York Giants, 10/15/33.
- First Regular-Season Win: A 6-0 victory over the Cincinnati Reds, 11/5/33.
- First Regular-Season Points: A 35-yard touchdown pass from Roger Kirkman to Swede Hansen vs. the Green Bay Packers, 10/29/33.
- First Winning Season: In 1943 the Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers merged and posted a 5-4-1 record. The one-season merger was made necessary by manpower shortages caused by World War II.
- First Playoff Appearance: A 21-0 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1947 NFL divisional playoff, 12/21/47.
- First Super Bowl Appearance: A 27-10 loss to the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XV, 1/25/81.
- First Eagle Elected to the Hall of Fame: Owner/League Administrator Bert Bell, Charter Member 1963.
- First to Rush 100 Yards in a Game: Swede Hanson, 116 yards vs. the Green Bay Packers, 9/16/34.
- First 1,000-Yard Rusher: Steve Van Buren, 1,008 yards (1947).
- First to Pass 400 Yards in a Game: Bobby Thomason, 437 yards vs. the New York Giants, 11/8/53.
- Most Yards Rushing, Career: LeSean McCoy, 6,792 yards (2009-2014).
- Most Yards Passing, Career: Donovan McNabb, 32,837 yards (1999-2009).
- Most Receptions, Career: Harold Carmichael, 589 receptions (1971-1983).
- All-Time Leading Scorer: David Akers, 1,323 points (1999-2010).
- Most Pro Bowl Appearances: Chuck Bednarik was selected to play in eight Pro Bowls.
- First Televised Game: A 23-14 loss to the Brooklyn Dodgers in the first-ever televised pro football game, 10/22/39.