There are three physical icons that represent an individual’s enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Each Hall of Famer receives their Hall of Fame Gold Jacket on the eve of the Enshrinement in Canton each summer. The bronze bust is unveiled during the Enshrinement ceremony held inside Pro Football Hall of Fame Field which is then placed permanently on display inside the Hall of Fame.
The third symbol, the Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence, created by Kay® Jewelers (@KayJewelers), is presented to the Hall of Famer during a special presentation at his team’s stadium. In addition to presenting the ring to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2020, Kay has also presented the Ring of Excellence to all Hall of Famers.
- Kay® Jewelers, the number one jewelry store in America and the Official Jewelry Store of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, is proud to present the Ring of Excellence for the Class of 2020 along with select Hall of Famers.
- The Ring of Excellence is set in 14K gold with a total diamond weight of 1 ¾ carats. However it is much more than a beautiful piece of jewelry. Intricate details on the ring reflect the special significance of enshrinement.
- The outer diamonds create a “stadium” effect surrounding the football-shaped diamond center.
- The vibrant blue gemstone was selected both for appearance and meaning, as blue is often associated with confidence, power and integrity – all traits of these incredible athletes.
- Each ring is also customized to reflect each Enshrinee’s unique career.
- A likeness of the Enshrinee’s bust, along with his position and years in the NFL appear on one side while his name, the Pro Football Hall of Fame logo and his enshrinement class is included on the other.
- Additionally, a special arbormark (or engraving) appears on the inside of each ring.
Evolution of the Hall of Fame Ring