Class of 2023 Enshrinees to receive Pro Football Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence
Enshrinees to be honored in their home stadiums with ceremonies throughout 2023 NFL season
The Pro Football Hall of Fame and Kay® Jewelers, the Official Provider of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence, will honor the Class of 2023 with ceremonies in their home stadiums throughout the 2023 National Football League season.
The schedule for the nine Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence ceremonies for the Class of 2023:
- Sunday, Sept. 10 – DON CORYELL: Miami Dolphins at Los Angeles Chargers
- Monday, Sept. 25 – RONDÉ BARBER: Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Sunday, Oct. 1 – JOE THOMAS: Baltimore Ravens at Cleveland Browns
- Sunday, Oct. 1 – JOE KLECKO: Kansas City Chiefs at New York Jets
- Sunday, Oct. 15 – ZACH THOMAS: Carolina Panthers at Miami Dolphins
- Sunday, Nov. 5 – KEN RILEY: Buffalo Bills at Cincinnati Bengals
- Monday, Nov. 6 – DARRELLE REVIS: Los Angeles Chargers at New York Jets
- Thursday, Nov. 30 – CHUCK HOWLEY & DeMARCUS WARE: Seattle Seahawks at Dallas Cowboys
The Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence is one of three iconic symbols, along with the Hall of Fame Gold Jacket created by Haggar and the Bronzed Bust, that represent the elite status of being a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
All three representations of membership in sports’ most exclusive club will be displayed during special presentations for the teams’ fans to pay tribute to these Hall of Famers.
About the Hall of Fame Ring of ExcellenceThe spectacular Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence is set in 14K gold with a total diamond weight of 1.75 carats. It is much more than a beautiful piece of jewelry, however. Intricate details on the ring reflect the special significance of enshrinement.
- The outer diamonds create a “stadium” effect surrounding the football-shaped diamond center.
- The vibrant blue gemstone was selected both for appearance and meaning, as blue is often associated with confidence, power and integrity – all traits of these incredible, legendary football icons.
- Each Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence is customized to reflect the Enshrinees unique career. A likeness of their Bronzed Bust, along with their position and years in the NFL, appear on one side, while their last name, the Pro Football Hall of Fame logo and year of enshrinement are included on the other.
- Additionally, a special arbormark (or engraving) of the Enshrinee’s Hall of Fame number appears on the inside of the ring.
Last November, the Hall revised its policy regarding the presentation of the Ring of Excellence to enshrinees elected posthumously. Previously, only living Hall of Famers received the ring. However, under the new policy, members enshrined posthumously receiving a ring are those who are survived by a spouse, an adult child or a parent.
Also this NFL season, six Hall of Famers who were enshrined posthumously prior to the Class of 2023 will receive their Ring of Excellence. Each will be represented at his respective team’s home games under the new guidelines.
- Carolina Panthers – SAM MILLS (Class of 2022)
- Green Bay Packers – HENRY JORDAN (Class of 1995), VINCE LOMBARDI (Class of 1971) and REGGIE WHITE (Class of 2006)
- Kansas City Chiefs – DERRICK THOMAS (Class of 2009)
- Las Vegas Raiders – KEN STABLER (Class of 2016)
At halftime of the 2023 Hall of Fame Game, six posthumously enshrined Hall of Famers received their Ring of Excellence, represented by one of their children: GEORGE ALLEN, WINSTON HILL, ALEX KARRAS, BILL NUNN, ED SPRINKLE and DICK STANFEL.
Looking back at TB12’s historic 2011 season 12 years later
In 2011, Tom Brady produced one of the most prolific passing seasons in NFL history.
Buddy Parker selected as Coach/Contributor Finalist for Hall of Fame’s Class of 2024
Buddy Parker, a two-time NFL championship-winning coach with the Detroit Lions, has moved to the final stage in the selection process for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2024.