What should teachers do to make the field trip most enjoyable?
- Teachers are encouraged to make a pre-visit tour of the Hall of Fame facility. There is no charge for a teacher pre-visit.
- Prepare students prior to their visit. The supplemental lesson and our Teacher Activity Guide provided to you offers many educational based activities for the students to enjoy prior to and following their visit.
- Allow three hours to thoroughly tour the Hall of Fame during the field trip.
- Divide students into small groups to allow for easier access through the building and a more enjoyable time.
Who qualifies for the field trips?
- Any organized classroom (Kindergarten through College) with teacher and/or chaperone supervision from a public or private school system.
How many students are needed to participate?
- A minimum of twelve students are needed for participation. We recommend a ratio of one teacher/chaperone per ten students.
What is the admission price?
- REDUCED RATE -- All schools participating in an educational field trip to the Pro Football Hall of Fame qualify for discounted admission rates. Find more details at “Field Trip Costs.”
Is there a tour guide?
- Following the presentation, the tour is self-guided with the help of museum volunteers. Each student will receive a Hall of Fame questionnaire geared to his or her grade level. This allows the students to experience the museum and unknowingly, practice critical thinking skills! In some cases, there will be a museum volunteer who accompanies the group to help navigate the museum.
Does the Hall of Fame have a coat check or lockers?
- No, these are not available. Please leave all book bags in vehicles/bus upon arrival.
What about lunch facilities?
- We do not permit groups to eat lunch inside the Hall of Fame. Many groups take advantage of picnic tables and outdoor space on the HOF Campus to eat packed lunches they brought with them from school or they plan to eat on their busses. In the event of inclement weather, HOF staff will work with you to come up with a solution and location to eat lunch.
Is there a store where students may purchase items?
- Yes, there is a museum store. Only students who bring money with them will be allowed into the store. All students and teachers receive a 20% discount on their purchase.
How long should we plan on spending at the Hall of Fame?
- We recommend at least 3 hours. This includes the presentation, self-guided tour, "A Game for Life" Theater (20 minutes) and time in the museum store.
How large of a group can you accommodate?
- We can accommodate a group of 300 at one time, but if you have a large group we recommend that you split the group into two separate times. We encourage groups of 30 or more to divide into smaller groups while touring to allow for a more enjoyable field trip.
How do I schedule a field trip?
“This program was very organized. Each theater and gallery was very interesting and informative. Every student enjoyed the trip and brought home valuable information!”
“The best feature of the program was the knowledgeable and friendly staff. All staff and volunteers engaged the students throughout the day and answered all questions they had. “
“The message from each Hall of Famer is inspiring for all of my students. I always bring our at-risk students that do not get to go on many field trips and all of them have enjoyed coming to the Hall!”
“This is an amazing opportunity for our students. Thank you to the Hall of Fame and staff for providing the resources and time to make these learning experiences possible!”
“Thank you so much for considering us every year. I hope you realize the impact you have on our youth!”
The Hall of Fame is a public facility for everyone to enjoy. We require that the group leaders take full responsibility for the conduct of their students.
For more information contact our Youth, Education & Leadership Team at [email protected]